Cherokee Nation taking school clothing aid applications by mail
TAHLEQUAH – The Cherokee Nation’s School Clothing Assistance program is taking application now through June 15.
The voucher program helps Cherokee families purchase clothing for school-aged children for the upcoming school year.
In the past, eligible school-aged children have received $100 Visa gift cards.
Eligibility requirements and documentation include:
• Students must be CN citizens with copies of tribal citizenship cards;
• Must live within the tribe’s jurisdiction verified by a utility bill, not exceeding 30 days from application date, that shows physical or service address;
• Student must be in grades kindergarten to 12 for the 2020-21 school year. Kindergarten student must be 5 years old before Sept. 9;
• Provide proof of school enrollment for each child;
• Application must be completed by parent or legal guardian, providing proof of ID;
• Legal guardians must provide proof of guardianship;
• Provide copies of income verification for all household members; and
• Household must meet income guidelines.
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, applications are available online at www.cherokee.org/human-servces/family-assistance/school-clothing-assistance-program
. For information, email email@example.com
Mail applications to Cherokee Nation Family Assistance, Attn: School Clothing Program, P.O. Box 948, Tahlequah, OK 74465.