CN, CNB spend $57K for political conventions
TAHLEQUAH, Okla. – The Cherokee Nation and Cherokee Nation Businesses in July spent at least $57,000 to send at least 12 people to the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia and the Republican National Convention in Cleveland.
According to CN and CNB expense reports and receipts provided via a Freedom of Information request, the two entities paid at least $57,462.35 in expenses for those who attended the conventions.
Documentation provided by CNB includes expenses of at least $22.958.35 for at least six people to attend the DNC:
• Chuck Garrett, CNB executive vice president,
• Kim Teehee CNB vice president of Government Relations & Special Projects,
• Forrest Cox, CNB Government Relations & Economic Development specialist,
• Lisa Long, Government Relations manager,
• Amanda Clinton, CNB vice president of Communications, and
• George Shelton, Company.Politics representative.
Documentation provided by CN shows at least $17,704 was spent for six people to attend the two conventions:
• Principal Chief Bill John Baker, DNC,
• Sherry Baker, first lady, DNC,
• Shannon Buhl, marshal, DNC,
• Chuck Hoskin Sr., chief of staff, DNC,
• Todd Hembree, attorney general, RNC, and
• Lacey Horn, treasurer, RNC.
Other expenses for CNB include lodging expenses while at the convention for Chief Baker, Hoskin, Garrett and Teehee for $16,800.
CNB also signed a Convention Village Space Usage Agreement at the DNC for a basic speaker package, furniture, labor, set-up and food. However, amounts for the agreement were redacted.