Applications open for Cherokee Nation RN scholarships
TAHLEQUAH – The Cherokee Nation’s Career Services is taking applications until Oct. 16 to fill slots in the tribe’s Registered Nurse Scholarship Program for the spring 2021 semester.
The program’s purpose is to provide financial assistance to eligible students pursuing an associate’s degree in applied science in nursing for a career in the health profession of nursing to strengthen the CN government, economy and promote health communities. The program is subject to availability of funds annually.
According to program guidelines, applicants:
· Must be accepted to an RN program in Oklahoma or CN jurisdiction or its contiguous counties;
· Must be a full-time student in the program;
· If not in the program, must have letter of acceptance to the program;
· Must be a CN citizen;
· Must reside in the CN jurisdictional area or contiguous counties;
· Must agree to participate in a nurse residency;
· Must maintain program academic requirements;
· Must agree to work for at a CN health facility for up two years after graduation; and
· Cannot be attending a proprietary school (for profit and/or private).
Students needing to meet general education requirements as well as students pursuing bachelor’s or master’s degrees in science of nursing should call the College Resource Center at 918-453-5465 for funding assistance.
For Registered Nurse Scholarship Program applications, a selection committee will consist of Career Services and Health Services staff. Selection criteria includes second-year students (bridge program for emergency medical technician or licensed practical nurse students), first-year students and accepted at entry level.
At a limited rate, the CN agrees to pay for tuition, book, fees, required equipment such as uniforms, shoes, stethoscope, etc.; as well as pre-tests, post tests and license fees.
To request a Registered Nurse Scholarship Program application, email email@example.com
or call 918-207-3873 or toll free at 1-800-256-0671. Or write to Cherokee Nation Career Services, Registered Nursing Scholarship Program, P.O. Box 948, Tahlequah, OK 74665.