NAJA opens NBC summer fellowship applications
NORMAN – The Native American Journalists Association has announced that it is continuing its partnership with Comcast NBCUniversal for the NBC News Summer Fellows Program and is accpeting applications for the fellowship program.
The NAJA/NBC News Summer Fellowship gives students real world experience and exposure to one of the world’s leading news divisions, which includes NBC News, MSNBC and CNBC.
NBCUniversal will offer fellows the opportunity to join one of the following NBC programs for summer 2019 as interns:
• America’s NO. 1 morning news program – The Today Show,
• The top-ranked evening program – Nightly News with Lester Holt,
• The primetime long form news program – Dateline,
• The 24 cable news channel – MSNBC,
• the top-rated business news cable channel – CNBC, and
• the digital organization featuring an array of digital properties.
The fellows selected will receive $16.50 an hour, plus overtime (more than 40 hours per week) for 10 weeks during the summer. NBCUniversal will offer a $2,000 housing stipend available for candidates who reside outside a 50-mile radius from its tri-state area offices. Production experience is preferred, but not required.
All the internships are located in 30 Rockefeller Center in New York City, with the exception of the placements at CNBC, which are located in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey. Transportation is provided to Englewood Cliffs from various locations in Manhattan and Brooklyn.
The official start date of the program is June 3. If students’ academic schedules impede their ability to start on this date, alternatives can be discussed.
• Must be a current NAJA member with proof of tribal affiliation,
• Must be willing to live in New York City or its environs for the duration of the internship,
• Must be 18 years old or older,
• Must be enrolled full time at a U.S. college or university,
• Must be a sophomore, junior, senior or graduate student,
• Must major in journalism or a communications discipline,
• Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher, and
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S. without holding a VISA or sponsorship.
Recent graduates will not be considered. To apply, visit Click here to apply